Usually, if we are upset or stressed, we tend to create negative chatter in our mind about the event.
We focus on the negative stress over and over in our mind in an endless loop. This keeps your stress levels high. You need to break this pattern. Your brain can only focus on one thought at a time. When you notice you are feeling stressed, focus on your breathing so you cannot think about what is stressing you out. Use therapeutic grade essential oils, not only does the aroma help shift your attention away from the negative event, but they help clean up receptors sites in the brain create new neural pathways to more positive emotions!
Before doing these techniques rub a few drops of therapeutic grade essential oils in your hands then cup them over your nose as you breathe.
Focus on the aroma and your breath. This is a very easy way to take your mind of the stress.
1. Inhale through your nose for a slow count of 5. Really focus on your breath. Notice how the air feels coming in through your nostrils.
2. Exhale through your nose for a slow count of 5. Again focus on how the breath feels coming out of your nostrils.
3. Don’t breathe for a slow count of 5.
Continue to breathe this way for a few minutes so you disengage from the stress.
Here are a couple of variations that are very effective in helping you focus on your breathing and not the stress:
1. Place your thumb over one nostril, inhale for a slow count of 5 through the other nostril.
2. Place your forefinger over the nostril you just inhaled through and exhale for a slow count of 5 with the other nostril. (The one you had closed with your thumb). Wait for a slow count of 5, now inhale through this nostril. Again, place your thumb over this nostril.
3. Continue to breathe this way for a few minutes alternating nostrils as you breathe.
Fit to Live only recommends very pure, therapeutic grade essential oils. 95% of essential oils sold in the marketplace are adulterated so choose the best. Some of our favorites for stress are Lavender, Tranquil, StressAway, Peace & Calming, Valor, Sacred Mountain and Joy. You may want to try Idaho Balsam Fir, Pine or Spruce and pretend you are walking in a great smelling forest as you breathe them in during this exercise.
Contact Fit to Live if you want to know how to save 24% on products.